We hope this blog finds you and your family in good health. Our country and community have been through a lot over the last few weeks and to those who have lost loved ones due to this dangerous virus, can we offer our heartfelt sympathies. Some of our loyal patients have been lost to Covid-19 and we will miss them. Go raibh dheis ar a h-anam go leir.
We are resuming our normal dental services on Monday 18th May 2020 with some restrictions. All of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines over the next few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same here in Pembroke Dental: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have noticed this during your visits to our surgeries. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to assure you of the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our patient care team will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you come to the surgery itself.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the building. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the surgery for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients as much as possible. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours and friends.
The Pembroke Dental Team